Mr. Kandel joined Cerberus in 2007. Prior to joining Cerberus, Mr. Kandel was First Vice President and Assistant General Counsel at Merrill Lynch from 1998 to 2007, where he was in charge of state regulation, legislation and government relations and also handled various SEC, NYSE, NASD and compliance-related matters. From 1995 to 1998, Mr. Kandel was the Chief of the Investor Protection & Securities Bureau at the New York State Attorney General’s Office, where he also served as Assistant Deputy Attorney General. From 1993 to 1995, he was Senior Special Counsel, then Trial Counsel, at the Enforcement Division of the New York Stock Exchange. From 1986 to 1993, he was an Assistant District Attorney in Manhattan. Mr. Kandel is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania and the University of Pennsylvania Law School.
Mr. Kandel is a member of:
- Cerberus Capital Management Compliance and Risk Management Committee
- Securities Compliance Committee
- Valuation Committee, Allocation Committee
- Financial Risk Management Sub-Committee
- Environmental, Social and Governance Committee
- Brokerage Selection Committee